Lebanon is by far one of my favorite countries. So if you are planning to visit it soon, keep in mind this 10 things :
- Lebanon is an arabic country in western Asia ( bordered by Syria to the north and Palestine to the South)
- Lebanon use USD as a de facto currency, the USD-LBP is fixed at 1 USD = 1500 LBP, but you can pay anything in both currencies.
I suggest you to convert your money to USD, as it’s hard to sell lebanese pounds outside Lebanon, in case you still have it after your trip
- Beirut is the capital of Lebanon, it was known before the civil war as “Paris of the middle east” 😍😍
- Most locals speak 3 languages: Arabic, English and French
- Lebanon has the most religiously diverse society, with two main religions Islam ( Sunna & Shiaa) and Christianity (Maronite, Orthodox, Mekite & Protestant)
- If you have an israeli stamp in your passeport, even with a lebanese visa, you will be stopped and barred from entering the country. So if you are planning to go to Israel/Palestine before visiting Lebanon ask them to stamp in a piece of paper.
- Lebanese Food is JUST GREAT !!! I will write a whole post about lebanese food 😋😋
- For transportation, take Uber or Careem it’s way cheaper than taxis
- If you are a graffiti lover, you will enjoy walking around beirut streets
- Don’t Hold camera in secured areas, guards can ask you to stop taking pictures or to delete it if you already took ones
Bonus : Learn some lebanese words before to go :
– Hello = Marhaba
– Welcome = Ahla w Sahla
– How are you? = Kifek ?
– My name is … = Esmi …
– I am from … = ana min …
– Thank you = Chokran
– I don’t understand = Mabafham
– Sorry = Asef
– How much is it ? = 2adich Se3ro ?
– Please = min fadlek